Sunday, September 28, 2008

creation

as i sit here procrastinating from studying for my biology test in less than 10 hours, i am pondering the origins of the universe.

dna...deoxyribose nucleic acid...



...is fucking fascinating.

seriously. how can a series of sugars, phosphates, and four different nucleotides make up the genetic code for all of life on earth? how can what is inside every cell in my body be made of the same stuff that composes a simple virus? or a palm tree? or a python?




blowing my mind.



strangely enough, science makes me believe in god more than anything else ever will.


i can't even wrap my head around how life started...with two sets of chromosomes encased in an egg and a sperm converging in a beautiful reunion to create an organism that is alive...that utilizes oxygen to perform metabolic functions, and remain an integral part of life on earth...incredible.

things like this make me sit in silence like a wonderous child, but things like that very same sperm housed in the boner champ eager to make out with me last night makes me want to peace the fuck out (ptfo.)

2 comments:

stephania said...

i firmly believe that science was put here on earth as a trick of the devil to sway the unsure to the path of evil.

that being said, i will surely miss you when i am in heaven and you're not.

Salwa said...

amen sistaa.